Frequently asked questions
- What is a certified translation?
- Who are sworn translators?
- Which languages are available for certified translations?
- What counts as ‘one page’ for multiple-page documents?
- I entered the incorrect number of pages for my order – what do I do now?
- Can Beglaubigung24 also obtain an apostille?
- I have ordered my translation -, when will I get it?
- I have ordered my translation - in what form will I receive it?
- For which documents and language combinations is the "Express" shipping method available?
- Can I select the express option for individual documents in my shopping cart?
- What happens if I order my express translation on the weekend?
What is a certified translation?
Can anybody translate now with the help of popular translation tools? Well, yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s always the right choice. It takes more than just the Internet to complete a certified translation (i.e. one that is officially recognised by public authorities, government agencies, regional courts and the police). In fact, a sworn specialist translator with the relevant authorisation and who is authorised to put the right stamp on your translation is required.
A certified translation is officially valid and appropriately stamped to confirm that the source text has been completely and properly translated.
Who are sworn translators?
These sworn translators (in our case in Germany) are authorised translators who have taken a general oath before a regional or higher regional court or an authority for domestic affairs. They are certified and have the appropriate authorisation and qualifications to translate and certify content in specific languages.
Which languages are available for certified translations?
At Beglaubigung24 you can get certified translations in 19 language combinations. One of the two languages, i.e. the source or target language, should be German.
The most frequently requested language combinations are: German – English, English – German, French – German, Spanish − German, Russian – German, Italian − German, Polish –
You’ll find all of our language combinations here:
|Source language||Target language|
What counts as ‘one page’ for multiple-page documents?
When you order a certified translation from us, depending on the document type, we may ask you about the number of pages the original contains. But sometimes it isn’t totally clear what ‘counts’ as a separate page. Where certified translation is concerned, here’s what we consider a page:
- One side of one sheet of paper – irrespective of the number of words on that page. The front and back sides of a double-sided printout would therefore be considered two separate pages.
- The format or size of a page do not change this calculation. That means that one DIN A4 page is counted exactly the same as a DIN A5 page.
- When it comes to translating, we’ll take all the relevant pages contained in the original document into account (not the number of pages in the file you uploaded!). In other words, when you upload a file that contains (for example) one DIN A4 page featuring scans of two DIN A5 pages, this will still count as two pages.
I entered the incorrect number of pages for my order – what do I do now?
You don’t need to do anything yet beyond letting us know about the mix-up (if you happen to notice it before we do). As the number of pages also determines the price you pay for your certified translation, we have to initially cancel your order if the number of pages is too low or too high. We will then set up a new order for you in our system with the updated number of pages. You will receive a link from us for payment. As soon as we have received your payment, we’ll start working on your order.
Can Beglaubigung24 also obtain an apostille?
Obtaining an apostille is not a service that we offer. An apostille is a very specific form of certification which is required for the international exchange of documents. It is generally easy for you to apply for one of these yourself, however. You can do this at the regional court where the translator has taken their oath. You can find out which regional court this is by looking at the translator’s stamp.
If your documents have already been apostilled, then we will naturally translate the apostille as well.
I ordered my translation – when will I get it?
You can easily and conveniently order your translation using our online shop 24/7. Your translation will be sent to you as quickly as possible, but it generally takes three working days to complete it, starting from the day you ordered it.
You will then receive your certified translation immediately as a PDF by e-mail. And a few days later as a priority letter or by registered mail. Within Germany this usually takes only 1 or 2 additional working days, but this is in the hands of the letter carrier.
I ordered my translation – in what form will it be sent to me?
Your certified translation is sent to you in two forms: firstly, as a PDF in an email because this can be done nice and quickly. In most instances, the PDF is already sufficient, meaning you can forward it directly to where it is required. You will also receive a hard copy (i.e. paper version) of your translation soon thereafter. This form of certified translation is also still requested on a frequent basis.
You will always receive both versions. A separate order for the PDF or hard copy only is currently not possible.
For which documents and language combinations is the "Express" shipping method available?
We currently offer the 24-hour express option for the translation of birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates and driving licenses in the following language combinations:
|Source language||Target language|
Can I select the express option for individual documents in my shopping cart?
No, the 24-hour express option is only available if all products in the cart have the express option. Part express deliveries are not possible.
What happens if I order my express translation on the weekend?
If you order on the weekend, your translation will be delivered on the next business day. For example, if you order on Saturday, your translation will be delivered in digital form on Monday.